Friday, June 3, 2011

A little Teaser

I came home early today to get some more work done around the war room before the game this weekend. I had some time so I figured I would set up a light booth and take some photos of the D&D miniatures. Let me say that I am really impressed with my son's cheap $90 camera that has macro and 12.9 mega pixels. I paid over 600 bucks for the hunk of junk that I can no longer get to power up.

Isn't the technology curve wonderful?

I ran into some problems with the light booth, I probably need to get all daylight bulbs and use a purer white back drop to get the photos. All my photos I took today have a yellowish tint to them. I will get it take care of as I set up a permanent photo station in the near future.

The preview is of the NPC healer in the party - a mountain folk cleric. I based her on the concept of a white mage healer. Her personality is based loosely off of Starfire from the "Teen Titans" TV series - a heroic outsider that does not completely understand the world she lives in. The inspiration of the character came almost entirely from the image to the left. Yes, I know its from anime, but nothing says gaming and anime cannot mix.


Since she is a savage, I decided to go with a miniature in leather. I selected "Feiya - Iconic Witch" from the Reaper Miniature line. It fit the look I wanted and as a bonus came with a animal companion that I used for the wizard familiar.

I tried a experiment with the bases. I used my printer and adobe to print out name plates. I simply cut them and pasted them onto the base. I might eventually go back and paint the edges and see if I can get the outlines to disappear. I could also make them larger and cut them to fit specifically. I was impressed for the 20 minutes of work that it took me to do it.    



This is the Auriel from the back.

Tomorrow will be the full unveiling to my players when we start the D&D game. Hopefully they will be happy with how I see tier characters. Most gave me a good physical description, but one did not. All she said is that she wanted her character to wear bright colors. That is what I went for.

No comments:

Post a Comment